Friday, May 6, 2011

Fun Day Today

Today I normally work from home but truthfully I needed a break from work.  So I scheduled a vacation day.  This morning I was lazy and loafed until 10 or so, then we went to take a tour of a local cave turned tourist attraction for a homeschool field trip.  That was fun.  

We got home from that at about 2:30 and ate some homemade strawberry ice cream.  My favorite!! After the ice cream was eaten we had lunch, then Jake and I resumed work on rebuilding the fort.  The corner posts that extend past the platform and we toyed with raising the platform up to the top of the posts, but in the end we decided not to.  Jake also wanted a trap door in it so we spent most of the day making the 'escape hatch', I work slow so we only got that done and one side of the floor put on.  I'm not sure if we'll get anything done to the fort tomorrow, but Sunday we should get a lot done.  Below are pics of what we got done today.





That's it for tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment