Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Things We Remember

I remember as a kid in Colorado doing many things.  I remember cutting firewood on a local farmers property.  I remember the many camping trips we went on and following my dad around camp.  I remember playing with friends while my parents were at work... The lady who used to babysit my parents continue to be great friends of my parents even separated by 800 miles.  I remember winter days and coming inside from playing in the snow and either drinking hot cocoa or this sugary spicy drink that as a kid I thought was great.  Looking at the ingredients I'm not sure I'd like it today, but I remember my mom putting the dry ingredients together and I remember the jar sitting in the cabinet.  The recipe for the drink is below, maybe next winter when the wind is blowing and it's cold outside we will give this recipe a try.

1 C. Instant Tea
1 1/2 C. Tang
1 C. Sugar
1 pkg. Lemonade Cool-Aid (without sugar)
1 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix together.  Use 3 spoonfuls per mug, add steaming hot water.

No comments:

Post a Comment