Saturday, July 2, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

Today my wife and I have been married for 23 years.  We have grown up together, we've grown together.  I thank and love my wife and I look forward to spending the next 23 years together.

I haven't posted in the last couple of days. We've been busy and it's been hot outside, so with 107 degree temps going on outside we've been staying inside at night.  We've been getting 2 quarts a day from the goat.  They seem happy with the pen.  Right now we have a tarp up for shade.  My in laws have a roof that Trudy and I are going to go get then we can make a permanent covered area.  I have to find the time to go get it... probably after work one day this week. 

Wednesday Ashley hit a mule deer on the way home from a friends house where her and Jake are taking horse back riding lessons.  When I got on the scene the deer was still alive so I had to dispatch it.  I think the most traumatic thing for Ashley, Jake and the friends was that the deer suffered while they waited for me to get there. 

 The above paragraph is my preparedness info for the week.  I happen to be armed about 90% of the time, without the firearm I would have had to snap the does neck to put it out of it's misery and that has the potential of failing, or the deer would have had to suffer longer while we waited for 'law enforcement' to get there to decide what to do with the injured deer.  A firearm is a tool to be used responsibly and safely, everyone should get one and learn how to use one safely.

Getting back to the first topic in my post: Love and respect are the two things that make the foundation of a marriage.  With love and respect the two parties of a marriage desire to communicate, to spend time with each other and enjoy each others company.  Love and respect, true love and respect between a man and a wife are a picture of the relationship that Jesus Christ has with those who place their faith in Him for salvation.

Ephesians 5:33  Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment